Sunday, July 15, 2012

Team BUZZ in China

On Saturday on behalf of GT’s Team Buzz a group of us volunteered to help out at a home for children with amnesia and autism in Shanghai. It was a truly beautiful experience. We took them out to the park and played a slightly similar version of duck duck goose. A terrible thunderstorm had us running back to the school, where we played a couple more games, some showcased their guitar talents. One of the kids called Yumiao showed me his computer game, he was so smart! Another really sweet kid was almost crying, he kept saying we were always welcome to come back and that he was happy we were there. I only wish I could speak more Chinese, I had so many things I wanted to say and ask!

IMG_4204

On Friday I went out to lunch with a friend to a Chinese restaurant. There was a dish that had as English translation, You Are the One. However, in Chinese the name read, 請勿打擾 (Do not disturb). It also had three out of three stars rating and a thumbs up. The peculiar name and very good rating drew my attention to it. I tried asking the server what it was but she couldn’t really explain it. We didn’t expect anything bad so me and my friend ordered it. It was definitely NOT the ONE!!! Turns out it was a whole plate of stinky stuff!!! >< The odor was very strong like stinky tofu in the streets. You could see some grayish corners in the tofu. There was also fish, some clams and other green stuff. It was not a great meal but a good story to tell. So now you know, if you see a dish called You Are The One, you might one to reconsider if it really is the one :P

IMG_1802You Are The One aka Do Not Disturb

No comments:

Post a Comment