Saturday, July 21, 2012

last days of CSP

Again time went by so fast, today was the last day of the program. We had a closing ceremony just now at an Uyghur restaurant. The last week was a bit stressful because of all the final projects and finals but it feels so so good to be done now! I’ve enjoyed the program very much and I’m extremely thankful for the opportunity to be here; it has definitely been a memorable experience. I thought that being Chinese and having grown up in part surrounded by Chinese culture, things wouldn’t be so different but I couldn’t have been more wrong! While here, I’ve also had the chance to improve my Chinese. When I first came, I knew some basic conversational words however that didn’t help since even if I tried saying them, people wouldn’t understand me. Now getting the right pronunciation has gotten a lot easier. And last but not least, I’ve met some incredible people, not only from China but also from Tech! I’m already looking forward to seeing them all again in fall!

I’ll share some pictures from the past days…

IMG_4195bowling with Jonathan, Sanjay, Daniel, Steve and Kevin

IMG_1813Another one of those funny Chinese to English translations..

IMG_4259eSO ASIAN! (Daniel, James & Steve)

IMG_4267IMG_1906Professor Han Zhang speaking in the closing ceremony.

Of course we had to end the night in……….IMG_4270KTV!

IMG_1909I loved this! It’s like a waffle in the shape of a fish; inside it you could choose either mango, custard or red bean filling. I’ve tried all of them and they’re all  delicious.

IMG_1768Does this building not resemble our CULC back at Tech? This is a building under construction here in JiaoDa!

I’m still staying a couple more weeks in China before returning to Atlanta. My family came yesterday and now I’m touring with them around mainland for two weeks and then one week in Hong Kong. I can’t be happier to see them!! :D

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment