Wednesday, June 6, 2012

green tea red bean

The other day I was walking around Tianjin with some of my friends and we were really hungry but surprisingly couldn’t find anywhere to eat. I think we were around more of an industrial area of the city. The only restaurant we saw was a pizza place called Gold Pizza. Although we were reluctant to eating pizza in China, hunger eventually gave in and we settled on eating there. We ordered a “Supreme" pizza to share that had a very long list of toppings. From what I remember, it had a cheese filled outer crust, caramelized onions, chicken, beef, bell peppers, mushrooms, some kind of sweet bbq-like sauce, creamed corn, mayonnaise (I think) and a sweet potato rim (the yellow circle inside the crust). It sounds like an odd combination but the server recommended it to us and when we tried it, we were all surprised by how good it tasted. I especially loved the sweet potato filling. I had never seen anything like it before but one of my Korean friends told me it was a very popular thing to do back in Korea.

IMG_1583IMG_1584

I was looking at all the pictures of food I’ve eaten and I noticed I seem to have an obsession with green tea and red bean!

photo (3)Matcha green tea with red bean Frappuccino at 85 Bakery

photoGreen tea popsicle with red bean filling

photo (2)Green tea bread with red bean

IMG_2080I can’t remember exactly everything this little cake had inside but I remember buying it because it had something green tea^^

photo (4)red bean filled bun

IMG_2082Green tea and almond cupcake!

Conclusion: I love green tea and red bean and in combination even better! :D I’m really going to miss seeing these kind of things back in the US.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Do you know where we can buy green tea red bean bun in Atlanta? Was the bun you posted from Atlanta?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete